By all accounts our event HANDSUP! was a smashing success! We exceeded our goal in ticket sales and hit our targets raising funding towards a C4C program in Kenya for girls affected by FGM. I am so grateful to so many in the Vancouver and Calgary arts/business/and non profit communities for their support and participation, especially to our main sponsors Moroccanoil, John Fluevog Shoes, and Julia McLeod for their donations enabling us to host such an amazing event! We have photos on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cameras4changem, and I have a few here too. We had an amazing evening, and learned so much in the process of doing this.
Now we need to really get to the real job of making plans for the program and will be in key strategic meetings to define the logistics of our trip to Kenya. It is exciting to know that through the support of our network we will actualize our plans. I can not wait to run this and share the imagery and stories with our community.
I am also so grateful to Sol Garcia of Project X Impact for making a trip up to Vancouver to offer support and for us to begin mapping out the next steps of our working partnership for a C4C workshop in Kenya.
We will be adding updates as we finalize plans, but what I am really looking forward to is sharing the results from Kenya with you!
3. Brit McLeod and Rio by Night
4. Kris Elgstrand performs
5. John and Ruth Fluevog
6. Real Housewives of Vancouver’s Jody Claman and husband Eran Friedlander
7. Sol Garcia of Project X Impact with Cate Cameron
8. Sol Garcia, Raseel Sehmi, Gillian Harrow and Carla Culos
9.Shane Warren Jones, Aliyah O’Brien, Alex Paunovic, Jay Brazeau, Ben Cotton and Sarah Lind
10.Vimbai Nyatsambo and Marc Weber
11. Cate Cameron with
12. Actors Adrian Holmes and Sarah Lind
13. Telus’ Kenn Hamlin, VSO’s Jennifer Polci, Photographer Kimberley French and DjG-Luve
14. Heather Puttock with Jeff Topham of Liberia 77
15. Moroccanoil Gift Bags
16. Our amazing MC Katherine Craig of Spearhead Executive Coaching